Friday, October 29, 2010

30 Days of Writing - Day Twenty-Nine

29. How often do you think about writing? Ever come across something in real life that reminds you of your story/characters?

I've become obsessive about my writing, which I hear is pretty much the way it goes when you have a project in progress. As far as real-life situations that make me think about my story, I do have a couple of story ideas that are set in the modern-day, including one that actually takes place here in Champaign, so now and then I will see something and think, "Hey, that could be in the story..." Since my main project is an epic fantasy in a completely dreamed-up world, that happens less right now than usual. But in all seriousness, I've gotten to the point where I am even dreaming about events that are happening or could happen in the book, which is both exciting and a little scary, especially as I embark on the last month of the project, with a lot of work left to do.