Sunday, October 10, 2010

30 Days of Writing - Day Ten

10. What are some really weird situations your characters have been in? Everything from serious canon scenes to meme questions counts!

Well, honestly I haven't thrown a lot of completely weird situations at my characters yet. I do have one character who is wandering, lost on the plane of the dead, and finds it is nothing like he was told, which has been fun to write. I have a definite purpose in mind for him, and I can't wait to put it to work, but I'm just not quite there yet.

Another character in a short story I wrote a number of years ago finds something left behind by her grandmother, which she thought was imaginary. It turns out to be more real than she imagined, and figuring out what exactly it is and means is the adventure on which she finds herself. In retrospect, that's probably the most interesting situation in which a character has been, but how weird it is... I'm really not sure.