Friday, October 1, 2010

30 Days of Writing - Day One

1. Tell us about your favorite writing project/universe that you’ve worked with and why.

Lalirea, which is the world setting for The Daughter of Three is definitely my favorite setting. I've been toying with various ideas for the world for a long time, and in fact I'm even running a D&D campaign set somewhere else in the world. I've been inspired for years by authors like Tolkien and Jordan, who created such rich, detailed worlds.

Daughter focuses mainly on a collection of kingdoms along the eastern side of the main continent, but bits and pieces of the rest of the world are out there, some places in name only, others with a pretty good, if basic, fleshing out of the culture and geography. In addition, I have a few side projects that have, in one way or another, tied into the world. Sometimes, the idea to make a connection only happened after the fact, but it seems like once the connection is made, I can't let it go. If I'm lucky, maybe I can make a series from it...