Tuesday, October 5, 2010

30 Days of Writing - Day Five

5. By age, who is your youngest character? Oldest? How about "youngest" and "oldest" in terms of when you created them?

Most of my characters in Daughter age throughout the story (I need to find a dividing point to jump my plot about ten years two more times before I'm done, actually) but the youngest will probably be Leiroen Lalo, who hasn't been introduced yet. The oldest in the story is Aluarsilo, who is at least a thousand years old, maybe older. I've shifted the timeline around a few times in recent edits, so I've not settled on her exact age yet.

As far as the earliest created characters, SorĂ´nt and Lorandir have been around since my first draft of this story, somewhere around fifteen years ago, though their names were Klatris and Maltren then. At this point, they're not even really the same characters, except in the absolutely most basic archetypes they fulfill in the story. My most recently-created character is Tom, whose exploits are found in the three blog posts I wrote earlier this summer.