Friday, October 15, 2010

30 Days of Writing - Day Fifteen

15. Midway question! Tell us about a writer you admire, whether professional or not!

Oh man, this means I have to pick somebody... Honestly, I would have to say the writer I most admire right now is Brandon Sanderson. While I haven't read his most recent release (The Way of Kings), I've heard a lot of good things about it, and that's really it. The man is a machine. He turned out a 400,000 side-project while writing and editing the twelfth volume of The Wheel of Time, and is still getting good reviews. He writes big books, fast, and still manages to keep a handle on his plotting and story structure. He is remarkably disciplined, though he makes up for this by being both an insomniac and having personal political views that temper my desire to shake his hand with a nearly equal desire to punch him in the face. That, too, is not an easy feat to pull off.