Friday, October 8, 2010

30 Days of Writing - Day Eight

8. What's your favorite genre to write? To read?

The majority of what I write is fantasy, with some science fiction thrown in. Funny enough, even when I try to write something modern-based, I still wind up throwing in some elements of the supernatural, be it ghosts, or some sort of inexplicable intuition. I will freely admit that this has a lot to do with my own beliefs, as I am pagan, and I do believe in energy, auras, psychic abilities, magick, and the like, though not the Hollywood versions. As I said in a post some time back, magick is the art of creating change in yourself and the world around you in accordance with your will. I firmly believe this, and have had it backed up with my own experiences, to the point that I sometimes forget that other people don't see things the same way.

As far as reading goes, it's much the same. It is rare that I read anything that isn't a fantasy or science fiction novel, though I have made it a goal to branch out and read something else before the end of the year. Over the next few months, I intend to read some romance, mystery, maybe a classic or two, and if I'm feeling particularly brave, I may even take a stab at a Western...