Tuesday, June 29, 2010

This morning

I didn't get out of bed as early as I'd planned today, but I still got the trash cans to the curb before the garbage truck got here, so I consider that a win. I've been doing laundry, catching up on cleaning up the kitchen, made breakfast, and played around on Facebook a bit. Once the laundry has produced a clean set of work clothes, I need to run to the salon and do payroll, and get started on the paperwork for the end of the quarter. This afternoon, I go in to the store and work until close, and I do have paperwork to catch up on there, as well, in addition to needing to do a little re-write on the schedule that's coming up in a couple of weeks, as I forgot about our promotion changing over.

And after my long, ranty post yesterday, life goes on. I've been letting speed bumps slow me down too much lately, and it's time to pick up the pace again, because we all know that the world waits for no one. The more time we spend standing around worrying about everything that must be done, the more things pile up, and the harder it is to wade through the mess. It's all about effective time management, which has always been my problem. I've never been great about work before play, and once again I am looking in the mirror and saying that has to change. I know it will stick eventually, but sometimes I just forget entirely. Every few months it becomes necessary for me to re-commit to the challenge.

So that said, I need to get moving so that I can still accomplish all of my to-do's for the day. Hell, if I play my cards right, I may even make it to the gym this afternoon!